Support network for Women
Sunbeem™ is a support network for young women in the U.K suffering with POI (Premature Ovarian Insufficiency), a rare condition otherwise known as Early Menopause, affecting girls aged 14 upwards.
Sunbeem™ is a not-for-profit organisation awaiting charitable status.
POI is the term used by health care providers to describe the condition occurring in women under the age of 45 and some in their early teens, Where these women experience the onset of or symptoms similar to menopause. These include: the ending of menses, lack of or erratic menses, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, depression, bone pain, energy loss, sexual dysfunction and bladder control problems. Often putting young women at high risk of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, thyroid disease, diabetes or infertility.
Menopause is a healthy and natural transition for older ladies but POI is a dysfunction in younger women and can be personally devastating.
Currently there are currently no cures or treatments that will restore the normal function in young women.
Our Aims & Objectives
Sunbeem™ is dedicated to serving the needs of especially vulnerable young women and needs public support to make that happen.
Sunbeem™ functions to:
- Provide guidance for young women diagnosed with POI
- Provide emotional support for young women living with POI
- Provide a national network for those affected by or interested in learning more about POI
- Provide a specialist support for 12-25 year olds experiencing POI
- Provide information and educational resources about POI and related issues
- Fundraise to provide financial support to POI patients, existing medical research and new clinical investigation
- Make available up-to-date resources and publications concerning POI
- Help, advice and counselling provision for women with or individuals affected by POI
- Medical and educational advancement
- Raising awareness about critical health and life saving treatment
- Develop community support networks and sisterhood relationships
- Commitment to lobby medical (human) rights, access to treatment, equality and diversity in assessment
- Financial relief of those in need; due to ill-health, disability or financial hardship
- Representation and go fund me campaigns for persons affected
- Resources such as grants and volunteer assistance
- United Kingdom
Copyright 2010 - 2023. All rights Reserved.
Girls, young and middle aged women with POI and affected family members